What is it?
TextureMind framework is a SDK to develop software with different programming languages on different platforms. The framework is composed by a set of classes to facilitate tasks that require the use of multithreading, vectors, lists, maps, multimaps, parsing, serialization, ipc, networking, graphics, computer vision. The framework will be also composed by a complete set of applications to create images, animations, GUIs and videogames. I'm creating this framework to facilitate the production of software in general. It has been coded by me from scratch and it can be seen as a collection of all the knowledge that I have in the field of computer programming. The framework is currently closed source and it will be used just for my personal creations.
20 August, 2018
- Implement system component, open a window, handle events, draw a picture
- Improve graphics context, add 2D shapes rendering on graphics abstraction layer
- Implement cairo graphics context and draw 2D shapes
- Add a simple test case that uses Cairo library for drawing a rotating 2D shape
- Implement cross-platform dynamic libraries loader
- Dynamically link all the external libraries, when required
- Add skeleton architecture for additional components:
- Picture (Handle color formats, palette, images)
- Geometrics (2D and 3D shapes, splines, nurbs)
- Graphics (Abstract layer for rendering 2D and 3D graphics)
- System (Set of classes to handle windows and OS functionality)
- DevIL (Import and export popular image formats with DevIL library)
- Cairo (Implementation of 2D rendering with Cairo library)
- Implement image loader with DevIL
- Add Skeleton architecture for Graphics context
- Add math classes (Complex, Vector, Matrix) and functionality
- Improve json and xml parser interface
- Implement constant strings on human readable (like xml or json) serialization
- Improve the log
- Fix some memory leak
- Custom set of classes to handle objects and containers (vector, list, map, multimap)
- Serialization with 4 formats (xml, json, raw and formatted binary) optimized for speed
- Threads, mutexes, semaphores, atomics
- Integration with TinyC library to build and execute Just-In time code
- Custom memory allocation methods to trace leaks and optimize fragmentation
- Full set of methods to handle streams into files and block of memory
The CJS Framework that I was developing in my spare time now has been changed into TextureMind (TM) Framework. That happened for different kind of reasons. When I created the CJS framework, my first aim was to create an opensource project for multiple target languages, using a valid and interchangable way to serialize a full set of classes. Well, even if it could be a good idea, my actual job didn't leave me the necessary time to coordinate a project that is so large, even with the help of ther people. So i decided to continue another shorter framework in my spare time just for hobby and to facilitate the creation of applications, changing the title of the project to TextureMind Framework.
If you don't have time, why not open source?
I decided to create this framework for hobby and for personal usage. I will use this framework mainly to create applications without having to rewrite the same things every time. I know that there are already valid frameworks around but my dream is to use my own framework, also to have the freedom to write custom features by myself. I want to continue this project without external contributions until it will be stable. Maybe one of these days it will be open source, but not now.