What is it?
TextureMind framework is a SDK to develop software with different programming languages on different platforms. The framework is composed by a set of classes to facilitate tasks that require the use of multithreading, vectors, lists, maps, multimaps, parsing, serialization, ipc, networking, graphics, computer vision. The framework will be also composed by a complete set of applications to create images, animations, GUIs and videogames. I'm creating this framework to facilitate the production of software in general. It has been coded by me from scratch and it can be seen as a collection of all the knowledge that I have in the field of computer programming. The framework is currently closed source and it will be used just for my personal creations.
The project is marked as abandoned because:
- The name CJS Framework was already used in the context of other frameworks, I don't like it anymore and it doesn't mirror the current purpose of the framework
- I don't have time and resources to achieve the ambitious requirements that I decided in the past (supporting interchangable classes between four languages and make it a standard is too expensive. I cannot open an open source project because it is not convenient for my current job, too much implications)
- The framework evolved into different directions. I changed the name to TM Framework (TextureMind Framework) that is a useful collection of classes to develop my own programs in C++ or C# when the projects will be so complicated to require it. Being a framework slave in never a good thing for the developers, I saw developers becoming incapable of doing the simplest things in C starting from scratch, when they were anchored on Qt, Boost, Unity, Unreal Engine 4 or their own frameworks. I saw also good programmers becoming incapable of doing good plain programming (not even a pacman game) without projecting frameworks that would require years to be finished, so I don't want to feed this trend.
The project started from a small framework that I coded for the Amiga 1200. Now the project is much more advanced and it has been developed for many years on pc/windows platforms. In the past it was called Ultimate Framework but there were already several frameworks with the same name and I decided to rename it to Unrelated Framework .
- Programmed entirely in C++
- Serialization of Classes
- Cross-platform design
- New image format for digital image processing
- New surface format for computer graphics
- New format for multi channel textures (color, alpha, bump, normals, z-buffer …)
- Algorithms studied to work also via software
- Proprietary format for bitmap fonts
- Powerful procedural generator of textures, static and animated
- Wrapper of OpenGL, OpenCV, OpenEXR, FreeType, etc…
- Flexible GUI studied to work via software and via hardware
This framework is still work in progress and I used it to produce many of the software that you can see in this site.
Copyright @ 2011 - All right reserved